Monday, March 13, 2017

13/31: Currently #sol17

Thanks to the Two Writing Teachers blog for hosting the #sol17 writing challenge! 
A lot of the lifestyle bloggers that I follow do a 'Currently' post every once in awhile. I thought it might be fun to do for my slice today! If you decide to try this slice format, this post was helpful when deciding on my verbs! 

Reading: A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. I've been meaning to read this for quite some time, so when I saw it at our school's Scholastic Book Fair, I scooped it up. I'm 100 pages in and fascinated by Backman's masterful ability to make the reader simultaneously love and hate Ove. 

Watching: Season 4 of The Americans on Netflix. Russian spies living in America? A prodigious amount of subterfuge, murder and clever disguises? '80s nostalgia? Sign me up. 

Eating: A green tea Kit-Kat that some blessed angel left in the staff workroom this morning with a "Free" sign next to it. If you've never had the pleasure, it tastes like a cross between carrot cake and those ubiquitous orange wafer cookies you can find in every supermarket ever. 

Listening: Noam Pikelny's new album, Universal Favorite, in preparation for seeing him live on Friday. I'm a longtime Punch Brothers fan, so I'm excited to see their masterful banjoist live. He also has a wonderfully dry, irreverent sense of humor--just my style. 

Loving:  The impromptu snowfall that blanketed St. Louis this morning. I know it'll be gone by tomorrow (and it's March, for crying out loud), but there's something so peaceful about snow. 

Planning: Our upcoming trip to New Zealand! My husband and I are headed there at the end of May when school ends. Truthfully, he's the master trip planner...I'm just picking out where we're going to eat. Typical. 

Waiting: For spring break in T-minus four days! I'm headed to South Carolina, where I'll get to see my brother, my sister-in-law, my parents AND my little sister, who lives in Germany. I'm optimistically packing shorts. It's warmer down there, right?






6 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I bought A Man Called Ove for myself, but when a student saw it on my desk and asked to read it, I couldn't say no. Hopefully I'll get to dive into it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to use this format!
    I'm so glad you will get to spend time with your family on spring break. I heart Ove!!!! He's the best grumpy old man around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just looking at "A Man Called Ove" on Amazon yesterday. I put it on my list. Have a great trip to see your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this format. An eighth grade teacher at my son's school has a version of this above her desk & keeps it updated to share with students. I haven't heard of A Man Called Ove before...I'll need to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fun format! It sounds like you have a lot to look forward to in the next couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea Katie! I'm going to steal the format for a future blog post for myself :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete