Wednesday, March 15, 2017

15/31: The Purrfect Prank #sol17

Thanks to the Two Writing Teachers blog for hosting the #sol17 writing challenge!
"Quick! SHE'S COMING!"

With a flurry of motion, Victoria, Chloe and I gathered up the scraps of paper, tape and scissors. It was evidence. Victoria's red bun bobbed merrily as she disposed of our paper trail in the recycling bin, and Chloe's brown eyes shone with mirth as she darted across the room as if she was searching for fingerprints. I stuck my head out of the door and checked the hallway. Coast was clear. For now. 

I looked around the math classroom. It looked normal...until you really started looking. Then, you began to see them.

Cats. 
Everywhere. 

A furry fluffball peered out from one of the pockets of the calculator caddy. One stretched languidly across the clock, lining up perfectly with the minute hand. Cats covered the stapler, the tape dispenser and the water cup on Mrs. Porter's desk. Two glowing eyes peered out from the plant that sat on the windowsill. We had even taped a picture to the projector screen and rolled it up so that the next person who pulled it down would be confronted with cuteness. 

This was not a random cat bombing. No, this was purposeful. The portraits were all of one feline in particular: Victoria's Persian cat, Percy.

How could you threaten to deep fry such
a cutie?!
It all started last week when Mrs. Porter threatened to deep fry Victoria's precious Percy as a joke. Not one to just allow someone to disrespect her precious pet, Victoria sidled up to me one day and told me her plan. She'd make Mrs. Porter love Percy. And what better way to do it than to make her see his cute little face everywhere she turned? As a lover of both cats and pranks, I was all in. 

So, at the end of the day yesterday when Mrs. Porter ran home to let out her dogs (of course she's a dog person), we sprang into action. With all the aplomb of three criminals carrying out a heist, we came, we saw and we cat-bombed. 

I have to say, it was all worth it when, half an hour later, Mrs. Porter returned, walked into her classroom and shrieked, "Why are there CATS everywhere?!" The three of us, who were hiding out in the classroom next door, dissolved into giggles, proud that our prank had gone off purrfectly...no cat-astrophe this time. 

(P.S. Sorry not sorry about the awful puns. I have a thing for bad puns.)

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome! What a great way to bring positivity and light-heartedness into your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I have been thinking how to lighten up and here's a great example :)
    It was interesting to me that I couldn't tell who in your story were teachers and if Victoria is a student or teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good pun! It's such a funny way to respond Mrs. Percy's joke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are really, really punny! The cat-bomb had my in hysterics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hilarious!!! You sound like such a fun, fun teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So hilarious - sounds like a great friendship you have with your fellow teacher and your students. I love when I can involve my own in a little mischief, too! (I love your puns, probably because I teach 3rd grade and this is right up their alley...cat!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not threaten to deep fry her cat! Hahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete