Thursday, March 16, 2017

16/31: The Day Before Spring Break #sol17

Thanks to the Two Writing Teachers for hosting the #sol17 writing challenge!

The day before spring break is sharing writing while sipping Kool-Aid.
It's reading, commenting and thinking.
It's the audible sigh of satisfaction that accompanies a job well done.

The day before spring break is hallways brimming with excitement.
It's Florida, Memphis and Cuba. 
It's lockers slamming with finality.

The day before spring break is the slumping shoulders of an exhausted teacher.
It's conferences, piles of paper and the light at the end of the tunnel. 
It's "I love my job, but now, it's time to rest." 

8 comments:

  1. This is a cute and timely poem. I like the repetition in each stanza. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I love my job, but now, it's time to rest." Great line, Katie! Teaching is such an important but all-consuming job. Glad you're going to get some rest!
    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I love my job, but now, it's time to rest." Great line, Katie! Teaching is such an important but all-consuming job. Glad you're going to get some rest!
    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your second stanza. It really sums up what I think of as spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. I can feel it...and I can relate! Enjoy your rest...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great break! We have one more week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. May you get all the rest you most assuredly deserve! We are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree with you! I love this job, but phew, are those breaks nice! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete