Monday, March 20, 2017

20/31: In Transit #sol17

Thanks to the Two Writing Teachers blog for hosting the #sol17 writing challenge!



Author's note: I'm traveling to South Carolina today to see my family, so here's a short poem (written in twenty minutes since that's the duration of my free wi-fi here...get it together, Lambert!).

The airport is...
A revolving door,
The in-between,
A constant state of limbo. 

We are
Arriving.
Departing.
Waiting.
We are
In transit. 

I am a boomerang 
Leaving
But always returning
Back to where I started. 

5 comments:

  1. This poem is fun and lighthearted. I enjoyed the way you used a list in the second stanza. Have a great visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful poem! The airport is so full of sensory details, images, and emotions, isn't it?! I love the boomerang metaphor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lines, "We are In transit." I'm really impressed with your use of every minute of that free wi-fi! I hope you made it safely. Enjoy time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun poem and a great observation of the airport! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creative! I wrote about travel today too - but about my inability to not do ALL THE THINGS!

    ReplyDelete