Dive #: 005
Date: 19 March 2018
Location: Waikiki Beach, HI (Turtle Cove)
Dive Company: Kaimana Divers, LLC
Bottom Time: 75 min. over 2 dives (30 & 45 min)
Max Depth: 45 ft
- 1 wetsuit (a little too short in the arms, but hey. It worked.)
- 1 air tank
- 2 respirators
- 3 different buckle points (which my instructor snapped for me...I felt like a child getting buckled into a car seat)
- 2 bright yellow fins
- 1 set of weights
- 73 degrees air temperature.
- Water-chilly. Slightly shivery at the bottom.
- Visibility: awesome. Clear view of the bottom immediately upon entry.
- 5 sea turtles (plus their fish friends that were cleaning algae off of their shells)
- 1 majestic sea snake (white with black spots, undulating around looking for food)
- 2 whitetip reef sharks (regarding me what I thought of as menacingly from underneath a reef, but my dive instructor described them as the puppies of the sea)
- 1 long, skinny cornetfish
- Endless sea urchins
- Countless parrotfish
- Long fingers of coral with small fish nestled in between
When can I get certified, and when can I go again?